PAINT FR is a paint additive by Fire Defender that improves the fire retardancy of any water-based paint.
Advantages of Fire Defender PAINT FR
- Ease of use – simply add and mix to water-based paints excluding metallics.
- Doesn’t affect pigment or discolour paint.
- Negates the need to overcoat with superficial retardant.
- Chemically stable with long shelf life.
- Suitable for exterior application.
- May be added to water-based clears for retaining the natural timber finish.
- Non Hazardous – no special safety measures required.
Developed as part of the reaction to the Australian bushfires of 2019-2020 Paint FR has applications outside of bush fire prone areas. We should not forget the $10million damage the “House of Wax” fire did at Warner Bros studios QLD in 2004 when naked candle flames ignited a catastrophic fire.
Useage: Mechanically mix 80-100mls to 1 litre of paint for a minimum 60 seconds.
Links: – PAINT-FR SDS
It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure that any Fire Defender product will suit the purpose and/or will meet the requirements of the building code you are required to comply with.